If you maintain analytics about your customers such as their expected weekly or transaction spend, preferred product category, or a prediction of what category would be good to purchase next, you can provide that information to Formation in a Personalization Attributes file.
Creating a Personalization Attributes File
Personalization Attributes Files are a .jsonl file where each row represents a single customers personalization attributes.
Each row must contain:
- at least one personalization attribute (spend and/or category type)
The spend personalization attributes currently supported are:
- expected_weekly_spend - the amount a customer typically spends in a week
- expected_transaction_spend - the amount a customer typically spends in a single transaction
The category personalization attributes currently supported are:
- frequent_category - the category that a customer typically purchases in
- occasional_category - the category that a customer purchases sometimes but not predictably. This attribute is most applicable for customers who visit frequently
- next_best_category - a category that a customer hasn't purchased in (or recently) but would be likely to purchase if pointed to it based on their history
A category attribute must contain a category_id and at least one of the following spend values (in cents):
- category_expected_transaction_spend - the amount the customer would be expected to spend in the category in a typical transaction
- category_expected_weekly_spend - the amount the customer would be expected to spend in the category in a typical week
Uploading a Personalization Attributes File
Personalization attributes files can be managed through the user interface by doing the following:
- Log in to app.formation.ai
- Navigate to Your Organization > Integrations > Personalization Attributes
- Click "Upload new file" and either drag your file into the browser window or click Select File and navigate to its location to upload
- Click Upload File
Your file will be processed after uploading and you will receive either a confirmation notification of success or an error report. In the latter case, fix any issues that were identified and upload the corrected file.
See this sample personalization attributes file to get started.